Our world has become increasingly more knowledgeable and sophisticated about specializations and claims of expertise. Certification is evidence that both the professional and iaedp™ are diligent in seeking advancement in training, education, research and competency in addressing the complexities involved in the treatment of eating disorders. Certified professionals demonstrate a commitment to their chosen specialty and to high standards of care. Required continued education ensures awareness of changes in the field. The goal is to provide professional certification that is obtainable and affordable.
iaedp™ currently offers four certifications for clinicians within the multi-disciplinary treatment team:
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS) for mental health therapists, psychologists and physicians
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian (CEDRD)
- Certified Eating Disorders Registered Nurse (CEDRN)
- Certified Eating Disorders Creative Arts Therapist (CEDCAT)
International certifications are available for qualifying clinicians who practice outside of the U.S.
Why seek Certification?
- Professional Identity
- Professional Commitment, Growth & Satisfaction
- Increased Consumer Confidence & Recognition
- Promotion of Ethical Standards & Quality Care
- Increased Marketability & Competitive Edge
- Measure of Professional Excellence
- Dedication to Clinical Advancement
In recent years, many changes have occurred within iaedp’s™ Certification Program to strengthen our requirements and our reputation in the mental health field. As the rate of individuals affected by eating disorders continues to grow, there is greater need for qualified treatment providers in the field and iaedp™ recognizes this need. Nearly every profession utilizes credentialing to establish criteria for measuring competency and quality care, and to provide prerequisites for continued training in a specified field. It is iaedp’s™ mission to promote excellence in competency assessment for professionals in the eating disorders field through offering a rigorous set of criteria for the evaluation of education, training, knowledge and experience.
How do I begin?